Monday, June 28, 2010

Kathryn Nelson - Pemberley Manor

ISBN-13: 978-1-4022-1852-1
ISBN-10: 1-4022-1852-4

As marriage brings an end to a romantic tale, it begins a new story: how does “happily ever after” really work? The day that Jane and Elizabeth Bennet wed Charles Bingley and Fitzwilliam Darcy marks the departure point for Pemberley Manor by Kathryn L Nelson. While the mild and obliging Bingleys might be expected to get on famously, Mr and Mrs Darcy will surely need to work on their communication skills.

Elizabeth Bennet has shamelessly done an about-face on her principles and fallen all over Darcy after seeing his beautiful house. She has by no means taken the time to allow affection to grow. And should Darcy be forgiven for being so besotted with Elizabeth’s eyes that he has taken no pains at all to find out what’s behind them? There’s trouble in store for these feisty lovers.

Jane Austen left each of her novels with a lot of questions still on the table. I’m not the only one who noticed. The proof is in the number of sequels that have been popping up around every corner. I hope every Austen lover finds a sequel that satisfies the longing to spend more time with the magnificent characters she created.

BIOGRAPHY
I was ten years old, crazy to read every book in the weekly bookmobile that stopped on our corner, when I was bitten by the urge to write my own book. My first effort, A Pearl in the Ashes, never made it past the title page and a story line that vaguely resembled Cinderella.

Pemberley Manor made it all the way to an ending, two publishers, and a possible Turkish translation in only forty-five years. I’m crossing my fingers that I can finish book number three in the coming few months, improving my speed dramatically.

Jerrod is the working title of my next book, the story of three generations of a Minnesota family locked in a web of love, secrets and lies. It’s a bit easier to write about the neighborhood that I grew up in and people who could be members of my family than it was to write about 19th century England. I doubt, though, that I’ll ever replicate the excitement and pure fun of my time with Jane Austen and her splendid characters.

Maybe when I finish with Jerrod’s family I’ll go back and dig up that pearl from the ashes.

WEBSITE
www.klnelson.net

Pemberley Manor is available at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, Borders, and in paperback and e-book from Sourcebook Landmark.