Thursday, January 19, 2012

If My Past Wasn't So Dark, My Future Wouldn't Shine so Bright - Ms. Nique

If My Past Wasn't So Dark, My Future Wouldn't Shine So Bright

by Ms. Nique

Sexual abuse is a pervasive problem in society. The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network states that every year, 213,000 people fall victim to sexual abuse in the United States. Victims of sexual assault suffer many damaging effects and many go through life scarred from the past. A woman gives voice to the many people who fall prey to abuse in If My Past Wasn’t So Dark…My Future Wouldn’t Shine So Bright.

Writing under the pen name of Ms. Nique, the author narrates her years growing up and, in the process, reveals a dark and troubled part of her life. The book is a harrowing glimpse into what abuse does to a person. Readers will share in the despair and fear that resonates in the pages of this honest memoir but they will also witness a woman’s transformational odyssey and quest for total healing. In writing this book, the author shares a wellspring of hope to others who have suffered the same experiences she did. 

Poignant and stirring, If My Past Wasn’t So Dark…My Future Wouldn’t Shine So Bright is a reminder of that flickering light at the end of every tunnel of suffering. Readers will witness the essence of release and hope captured in the pages.
BOOK TOUR SCHEDULE
Los Angeles area:  3/23-24
San Francisco:  3/25
New York:  3/26-27
Chicago:  3/28-30
Minneapolis:  3/31
Venues: TBD (sponsorship wanted)

WEBSITE
http://www.msnique.wordpress.com

PURCHASE
Amazon, Barnes & Noble


PUBLISHER
Xlibris